The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.This course is a prerequisite for the Microsoft Certification Exam n. 70-466.
After completing this course (74-MOC-20466) students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services
- Implement dimensions in a cube
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube
- Use MDX Syntax
- Customize a cube
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Use DAX to enhance a tabular model
- Create reports with Reporting Services
- Enhance reports with charts and parameters
- Manage report execution and delivery
- Implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services
- Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis
- Modulo 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Modulo 2: Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Modulo 3: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Modulo 4: Working with Measures and Measure GroupsThis
- Modulo 5: Introduction to MDX
- Modulo 6: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Modulo 7: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Modulo 8: Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- Modulo 9: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Modulo 10: Automating Report Execution and Delivery
- Modulo 11: Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Modulo 12: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.